Today marks the one year anniversary of my Grandma Susan's passing. I think about her everyday as well as my other grandparents that passed. I can't believe a year has passed already! I can still hear her voice and her laugh! :) She seriously had the best laugh in the world, P would try to do it all the time. :)
Grandma Susan was very special to all of us. She was always full of energy, loved playing golf, dancing odori, traveling, and spending time with her family. She was also very talented--she was the best quilter, seamstress, odori dancer, and made the best corned beef hash patties and won ton chips! :) Also, I truly believe that she was the best dancer at O-Bon. She always looked so nice with her kimono, obi and kanzashi! :) I will always remember all 7 of us (the grandchildren) dancing behind her, and following her. Also, I will always remember when she came to vegas for my 21st birthday. I'm so happy that I got to spend my birthday with her! She took us to dinner and after we went gambling! She had so much fun with all of us! :)
I miss going to Kihei to swim with her and eating lunch with her. I remember the last summer I had with her I spent every Sunday with her--she would swim with me for 30 min. for some exercise and talk about the past and current events, then we would either eat lunch or go to Jamba Juice! I swear that Jamba Juice never tasted so delicious! It hit the spot every time on those hot summer days in Kihei! My grandma would order the peach flavored one (she just loved it).
I have so many wonderful memories of her, I could type out pages! I know that she is in a better place right now. I know she will always be with me and my family everyday watching over us. I love her and miss her so much!!!



hey jennifer! sure you can email me! my email is lisa.brown2@oit.edu
ReplyDelete